Here’s a healthy chicken salad that the whole family can enjoy!
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
3 cloves garlic
½ teaspoon lime zest
1 fresh chilli, chopped
1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
4x180g skinless chicken breast
250g egg noodles
½ red onion
1 fresh red chilli
small bunch of fresh coriander
1-2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon honey
4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- To create marinade, heat oil in a medium saucepan over a medium to low heat. Chop garlic and cook, stirring until fragrant.
- Stir in lemongrass and cook until softened. Remove from heat and transfer to large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Once cooled, add chicken and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight to marinate.
- Once chicken has been marinated, heat grill or frying pan to a medium high heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade, brush with oil and cook for five minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Place chicken on a tray to rest.
- Place rice noodles into a glass bowl and cover with boiling water and a plate. Leave these to soak for six minutes.
- Bash the cashew nuts with a rolling pin, and toast in a medium frying pan on a low heat.
- Peel and cut the red onion and combine with finely chopped coriander stalks.
- Place the red onion and coriander stalks into a bowl and add soy sauce with a few lugs of olive oil.
- Squeeze in the juice of the lime, and add the sesame oil and fish sauce. Mix well.
- Drain the noodles using a colander, rinse them with cold water and add them to the mixture in the bowl.
- Return to the toasting cashews and add honey, tossing through the nuts in the pan.
- Add these to the noodles with the coriander leaves, and toss everything together.
- Thickly slice the chicken and place into a serving bowl with the noodle salad.
- Serve in a large bowl on our Byron Bay chopping board with spring onions and fresh chilli.
- Enjoy! 🙂